Thursday, May 26, 2016

he's alive.


Today is one of those days; I feel the enemy flooding in from every direction; my thoughts, my emotions, my relationships, financially. Do you have those days? Days that the thoughts of "not being good enough" whether it be physically in your appearance or perhaps how you interact with others or maybe doing what God called you to. Like your every thought is "Look at my life. I'm terrible at _____." "Why do I even try. I just give in." 

But then something with inside of you wakes up. You have to proverbially slap yourself in the face and tell yourself "snap out it!" The enemy is trying to convince you that you're not good enough because the Lord has something ahead for you that will shake up the kingdom of God. Like David, you must "encourage yourself in the Lord." Take a moment and look at what is happening in your life. Have you made a recent decision to follow passionately after the Lord, or even commit to doing something for the Lord? If so, the enemy is most likely pounding on your door. Don't give in to the lies of the enemy today. But remember to put on the full armor of God:

Ephesians 6:10-18

10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.12 For we[d] are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.[e] 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.[f] 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.[g]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Futhermore, remind yourself and tell the enemy today, "You're right I'm not good enough. But, Jesus, you see is alive and all the power is in His hands, and I have that same spirit that rose Him from the grave living inside of me. He has already conquered you Devil. And because of what He is done, I am alive. I am empowered through the Holy Spirit and I am boldly proclaiming the victory that he has already provided me with."
My dear friends, don't let the enemy steal your joy today. Jesus is enough. Dwell in His presence and He will provide you with the wisdom and peace through the storm. To my fellow mommas out there, your days are long and hard - the sleepless nights, the never ending babies tugging on you needing you while you're trying to clean, cook dinner and tend to the other children will soon pass. Enjoy the craziness, for one day they will be long and gone, and you will finally have peace and quiet in an empty house. 

With much love, 
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment