Monday, July 25, 2016

pure cleaning.



Are you a bleach momma? I know that I am, or rather was. It isn't clean unless bleach has been involved someway, somehow. That's how my momma raised me and her momma before her. Heck, we all know that bleach is known to kill pretty much anything and everything viral and bacterial wise. I remember being in my microbiology class in college and seeing videos of the outbreak of the Ebola virus and how the doctors would dress up in the crazy get up and literally stick their feet in a tub of bleach because they knew that would kill the virus. Bleach is something we use in the healthcare system to kill clostridium difficile (aka C. diff). In households, we use it to whiten clothes, disinfect bathrooms and kitchens. But then there's a downside. I'm pretty sure that my mom has killed her sense of smell because of bleach. Also, it can cause chemical burns. I literally had burns on my hands from using it one time and although I was slightly dumb wearing my jewelry while cleaning, it split my wedding band as well. So, the question at the end of the day, is it really something we should use in our homes?

So, my husband, who can be pretty skeptical asked if essential oils can be as effective as bleach. Well, I don't have agar plates to test, but lo and behold I googled if Thieves essential oil (by Young Living) was as effective as bleach and I found a retired biochemist who stays at home and did her own experiment. Now she herself claims that she is not tied to any essential oil company, but her results were astounding! You can check it out here yourself. To summarize, the thieves oil, clove oil and many others killed all the bacteria just like bleach. No this isn't testing viruses, but seriously! Who is not amazed by that!



If you would like to know just what is in the thieves blend essential oil, it is comprised of the following oil blends: clove, lemon, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus radiata, and rosemary. Now each one of these oils is claimed to do the following according to the Essential Oils Pocket Reference Guide, Sixth Edition (2014): 
Clove: is one of the most antimicrobial, antiseptic, antifungal, antiviral, and anti-infectious of all essential oils.  
Lemon: has antiseptic-like properties and contains compounds that amplify immunity. It promotes circulation, leukocyte formation, and lymphatic function.  
Cinnamon Bark: is one of the most powerful antiseptics known and is strongly antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal.  
Eucalyptus Radiata: is anti-infectious, antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory.  
Rosemary: is antiseptic and antimicrobial. It is high in cineole - a key ingredient in antiseptic drugs. 

Now, there is a story to go behind the name Thieves. During the 15th century, a band of thieves who were robbing the dead bodies of those who had contracted the bubonic plague. When they were apprehended, the band of thieves were questioned about how they managed to stay healthy while being around these dead and dying people. They then disclosed the blend of oils, herbs and spices that they rubbed on themselves to protect themselves from the plague and it was comprised of amyn of the above. I mean isn't that impressive?! To me, that just shows how powerful essential oils can be.

So here we are in the 21st century and the same oils and blends can be just as powerful. Young Living has a whole Thieves Cleaner line. I'm super stoked because my bottle of thieves cleaner will be here in the next few days. Just look at this chart below and see how it monetarily compares to other products:


So you can see above, how this can save you money all the while removing harsh chemicals from your environment. Just to put something else in your ear. Did you know that the Mayo Clinic is using lemongrass essential oil to treat patients with MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)? The great thing about essential oils is that you have been hearing about bacteria become resistant to antibiotics, but did you know that bacteria cannot become resistant to essential oils? Yes people. These oils have opened up my eyes to something very new. I pray that they do the same for you! 

From one momma to another, 

Lauren






Want to know how to get your own Premium Essential oil kit 24% off retail value? Maybe even to try the Thieves Cleaner? Message me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/laurenmcbridges or at lauren.bridges02@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment